The links golf courses around the Moray Firth have long been famed as being some of the best in the UK, with a cluster of these in Sutherland being close together: Royal Dornoch, Tain, Golspie and Brora. All these links course provide outstanding golf, and all are in an area of Scotland with a relatively kind climate – in fact with the same average rainfall as much of the south of England!
The perfect base to enjoy these courses and others a little further south and east like Castle Stewart, is Balnagown Estate where we have 5 superb properties to choose from. For families and smaller groups, Gardener’s Cottage, Grieve’s Cottage, Swiss Cottage and Hill House are all ideal. For larger groups, we can offer Marybank Lodge which sleeps up to 12, or of course, a number of our properties can be booked together.
There are many advantaged and benefits to staying at Balnagown Estate for your golfing break:
- Easy to get to and just a 30 minute drive north of Inverness (about 45 minutes from the airport)
- All the properties are of outstanding quality and all are beautifully furnished
- Because the properties share the same grounds as Mr Al Fayed’s private residence, Balnagown Castle, complete privacy and security is guaranteed
- For anyone in the group not playing golf, there are lots of local attractions and things to do, plus excellent shops in local towns such as Dornoch and Tain
- For a break from the golf, we can offer many pursuits without leaving the estate including fishing, archery and clay pigeon shooting
- There’s a fully-equipped games room in walking distance of most of the properties
So for the ideal base for your golfing holiday or break in 2012, come to Balnagown Estate and we promise you won’t be disappointed.