Over the winter months significant development work has been undertaken at our Duchally Estate – a remote and wild area in central Sutherland which includes the stunning Munro of Ben More Assynt. The work includes:
- A new facility to process venison – Duchally Estate is famed for its Red and Sika Deer
- A new bothy for guests to enjoy a dram or two in after stalking in the hills, or walking, mountain biking, bird watching etc.
- A new barn
- Improved roads and tracks into the hills
In this photo you can see the new barn in the foreground, the new building which houses the venison facility and bothy in the middle, then Duchally Lodge – where our guests stay – further on (the white building). The photo also gives a sense of how remote and spectacular Duchally is!
Is a stay at Duchally Lodge for you if you’re not interested in stalking? It most certainly will be if:
- You want to truly get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life – Duchally Lodge is about 13 miles from the nearest village and shop (Rosehall)
- You love stunning scenery
- You want a remote location but still with modern day comforts – Duchally Lodge gives you just that and even has broadband
- You love the outdoors and pursuits such as walking, mountain biking and bird watching (golden eagle, hen harrier, osprey…)
Also, if you book your holiday at Duchally Lodge outside of the stag hunting season – which runs from 1st July to 20th October – then you’ll be surprised at how little it will cost you.